Sunday, July 19, 2009

Julie's Birthday Hor D'Ouevres Party

Beer Battered Sesame Green Beans with Hot & Sweet Mustard

Bithday Party Buffet just waiting to be devoured

Curry Cashew Mushroom Pate on Toasts

Pesto Steak Gorgonzola Cheese Fondue

Indian Spiced Chicken Skewers w/ Lemongrass Cilantro Mint Dip

Artichoke Topiary Tree with Lemon Parmesan Aioli


Had the delightful pleasure catering a special birthday party for Julie last night. My regular clients' Julie & her husband Ryan shared a warm July evening with friends and family. Disco music in the background made for a perfect evening, I was always a big fan of "Sister Sledge". Delicious appetizers, passed and buffet style to nibble on and cocktails served on the back patio was a perfect recipe for a festive birthday party celebration.


One of the highlights from the evening was a special birthday gift that I made for Julie, it was my Artichoke Topiary Tree with Lemon Parmesan Aioli. My mom taught me how to make this when I was about 12 years old, my parents owned a catering business when I was young, she has always been and is still my inspiration and my muse with cooking and entertaining.

Eventhough catering is hard work, I truly had a great time last night mingling with guests in between grilling and frying up good food! Another one of my clients' was there as well, Betsy, we were talking about good food, entertaining and my dreams of publishing my appetizer cook book soon. What a satisfying night for me to see everyone having a great time and to think that I was a big part of that...always puts a smile on my face.
Menu
Artichoke Topiary Tree with Lemon Parmesan Aioli
Grilled Spicy Sausage & Shrimp Skewers with Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Curried Cashew & Mushroom Pate on Toasts
Tuna Tartare on Crispy Wonton with Edammame Wasabi Puree
Pesto Skirt Steak Skewers with Gorgonzola Fondue
Sesame Beer Battered Green Beans with Hot & Sweet Mustard
Indian Spiced Chicken Skewers with Lemongrass, Cilantro & Mint Yogurt Dip
Caprese Tomato & Mozzarella Skewer with Balsamic Glaze
Deep Fried Cheese Tortellini with Vodka Tomato Sauce & Alfredo Sauce to Dip

No comments: