Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Holiday Brunch

A Delicious Easter Brunch Buffet

Shrimp Louie Shell Pasa Salad

Chicken Apple Sausage Rolls

Sweet Endings of Maple Pot De Creme

I always enjoy looking forward to catering my parties. I have catered many events for Peter and Cheri; and today's Easter Brunch was another successful event that I helped create. I enjoy clients' that feed my creativity with their optimism of what I LOVE to do! It really makes me want to try even harder. Boy, the weather was so different out here in the San Francisco Bay Area this Eater Holiday! Rain, wind and cold threatened the festivities, but that didn't stop the party guests today from enjoying a delicioius meal...in style, of course!
Holidays, especially Easter always bring back good memories from growing up. Special foods during the holidays were something I always looked forward too. My mother is a wonderful cook and I was always in ahh of her while she was in the kitchen when I was a little boy. I can remember, I was really young; say...like five years old and I begged her to help her out in the kitchen, no matter what it was. Licking a spoonful of cake batter or watching her create magic with her hands with lots of love with everything she touched. Cookies, Pasta or a bowl of soup...every meal was a gourmet show for me! Holiday ham was one of her specialities; I remember one year she made a ham that was enrobed with some type of pastry or something like it with a floral design on it. My mom was the Queen...according to me! The ham that I serve at my Easter catering parties may not be as special or unique as my mom's but everyone still enjoyed it! Cheers to you mom for always inspiring me to cook the best that I can for my client's and their guests!

Inspiration for me comes from many things, great clients, chefs on t.v., many good friends, but my mom inspired me to become what I am today...a great cook and someone that really enjoyes helping people entertain with an approach that is from the heart.
Menu
Apricot Mustard Glazed Smoked Ham
Roasted Red Potatoes with Peppers & Onions
Plain Biscuits & Cheddar Chive Biscuits
Chicken Apple Sausage Rolls
Petite Spinach & Gruyere Quiche
Fresh Fruit Salad
Endive Leaves stuffed with Goat cheese, Mandarin Orange, Balsamic Glaze & Pistachios
Shell Pasta Shrimp Louie Salad with Hearts of Palm, Peas, Cherry Tomato Halves, Green Onion, Celery & Louie Dressing
Assorted Mini Cheesecakes
Petite Maple Pot De Creme with Pecans


No comments: