Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Cocktail Party

Cocktail Party Buffet
Orange Tarragon Salmon in Spoons with Hollandaise Sauce...The hit of the night!

Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Swedish Meatballs and Cold Asian Peanut Noodle Salad in "Take Out" Containers with Chopsticks

Pecan and Dried Cranberry Chicken Salad in Crunchy Phyllo Cups

It always brings me great pleasure to be able to help people entertain, but it brings me greater joy when a client calls me that I have not heard in a while. I feel flattered by the fact that I have repeat customers and I feel privileged that they want me to cater their affairs over and over again. I always feel right at home in anyone's kitchen, but I feel very comfortable in familiar surroundings that conjure up memories of joyous events from the past. Making new memories of great food and conversations with my client's and their party guests is something that I can draw upon and get inspired for more amazing parties that I can cater in the future.

The party that I did last night was a Spring Cocktail Party, eventhough it was pouring rain out and so very cold...I guess the Ground Hog did not see his shadow this year. Party guests rushed in from the cold rain to warm up to delicious Swedish Meatballs and Champagne. Other fabulous vittles on the menu included the hit of the night, Orange Tarragon Salmon served in Chinese Soup Spoons with a sinfully amazing Hollandaise drizzled over the top. I have always thought that their is a "guilty pleasure" from Hollandaise, don't feel too guilty about this one, it's a "small bite" and you don't eat it everyday...so enjoy it and savor every bite!


My client did her homework before I arrived that I didn't even ask her to do! She took her menu that she had decided on serving and brought it to her local wine sommeliers so she can get the best wine pairings for the food and it was a great success; we served a pinot gris and champagne with the menu. She had mentioned to me that it would be a great idea to suggest wine parings with my menus, which is something that I don't have. So, off to the wine sommeliers so I can learn more and give more to my clients; I guess my client gave me homework to do!


Below is the full cocktail party menu that I served. Make sure to visit my website so you can view my cocktail party menu samples and start to plan your next soiree...go to http://www.butlerforhire.com/ and hire me to cater your parties...and remember, Good Food is Always in Style!


Mary and Glenn's Spring Cocktail Party Menu
Asian Peanut Noodle Salad in mini individual "Take Out" containers with chopsticks
Butternut Squash Soup served in “Shot” Glasses
Savory Swedish Meatballs with Sherry
Tuna Tartare on Crispy Won Ton with Edammame Wasabi Puree
Assorted Fine Cheese with Grapes, Strawberries & Crackers
Pecan & Chicken Salad in crunchy Phyllo Cups
Orange Tarragon Salmon in Chinese Spoons with Hollandaise Sauce
Sausage & Sundried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms with Monterey Jack Cheese

No comments: